Layers of green cabbage, lettuce, relish, mayonnaise, and Black Forest deli ham on flatbread creates savory Ham & Slaw Roulades. Pictured with White Pimiento Cheese Flower Sandwiches and Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Green Apple & Tarragon.
Ham & Slaw Roulades
Makes 12 slices
- 1 cup finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 teaspoon spicy pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 thin, flexible flatbreads
- 2 large leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 slices Black Forest deli ham
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, pickle relish, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, tossing until combined. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours. Drain before using.
- Spread remaining 2 teaspoons mayonnaise in an even layer onto flatbreads. On mayonnaise side of each flatbread, place a lettuce leaf and 3 ham slices. Spread a layer of slaw onto ham.
- Starting at a short end, roll up flatbread firmly and evenly to encase ingredients and form a cylinder. Tuck ends under. Wrap securely in plastic wrap. Refrigerate roulades until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, remove roulades from plastic wrap. Using a long serrated knife, trim and discard ends from roulades, and cut 6 (½-inch) slices from each roulade.