These Ham Tea Sandwiches with Pine Nut Spread are simply delicious.
Ham Tea Sandwiches with Pine Nut Spread
- 4 ounces fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 very thin slices white bread
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ pound Virginia ham, thinly sliced
- Garnish: toasted pine nuts, arugula
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together fontina cheese, pine nuts, and mustard until combined and smooth.
- Spread an even layer of pine nut spread on 6 bread slices. Set aside.
- Divide arugula among remaining 6 bread slices. Layer 2 ham slices over arugula on each bread slice. Top each with a reserved bread slice, pine nut spread side down.
- Using a serrated knife, in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally in half, creating 2 triangular sandwiches. Cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, garnish with arugula and toasted pine nuts, if desired.