Ham, Tomato Chutney & Cheddar Tea Sandwiches
- 1 (16-ounce) package thinly sliced wheat bread, frozen
- ¼ cup stone-ground mustard
- ¼ cup tomato chutney
- ½ pound thinly sliced black forest ham
- 12 medium-thick slices Vermont Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: chervil
- Using a 2¼-inch square cutter, cut 36 squares from frozen bread. Spread an even layer of mustard onto 12 bread squares. Spread an even layer of chutney on remaining 24 bread squares.
- Using the same 2¼-inch square cutter, cut 24 squares from ham and 24 squares from cheese.
- On chutney side of 12 bread squares, place a ham square and a cheese square. Place bread slices with mustard over ham and cheese. Add another layer of ham and cheese. Top with remaining bread squares, tomato chutney-side down to create 12 triple-stack sandwiches.
- Garnish with chervil, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!