Blanched haricots verts tossed with various greens, artichoke hearts, olives, and a delicious Champagne Vinaigrette make a tasty salad in Haricots Verts and Artichoke Green Salad. Haricots Verts and Artichoke Green Salad pictured with Caramelized Leek and Bacon Quiches.
- 8 cups chopped red oak-leaf lettuce
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup chopped blanched haricots verts (French green beans)
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- ½ cup Niçoise or Picholine olives
- 1 recipe Champagne Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, arugula, green beans, artichoke hearts, and olives, tossing well. Arrange on salad plates, and drizzle with Champagne Vinaigrette.
- ½ cup champagne vinegar, such as B.R. Cohn
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallots 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, shallots, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper, whisking to blend. In a slow steady stream, add olive oil, whisking vigorously to emulsify.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!