These Hazelnut Wafer Cookies are an addictive mixture of vanilla and hazelnut flavors.
Hazelnut Wafer Cookies
Yield: approximately 60
- 2¼ cups hazelnut meal/flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine hazelnut flour and salt, whisking well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar, beating at high speed with a mixer until light and creamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract, beating until incorporated. Add hazelnut mixture to butter mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, drop batter 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookie edges are golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks, and let cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container with layers separated by wax paper for up to 3 days.
From TeaTime September/October 2017