Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta is a scrumptious and light bite that will greatly please your guests. Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta pictured with Prosciutto-Asparagus Canapés.
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small French baguette, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Using a sharp knife, cut tomatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices; cut slices into wedges. Place tomatoes in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- Using the flat side of a knife, press together garlic, onion, and salt until a paste forms. Add garlic mixture to oil mixture, whisking until combined. Pour over tomatoes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush baguette slices with melted butter. When ready to serve, top with marinated tomatoes. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!