Delicious crabmeat tops toasted crostini in Herbed Crab Canapés.
Herbed Crab Canapés
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup ice water
- ¾ cup loosely packed baby arugula
- 12 Toasted Crostini (recipe follows)
- In a medium bowl, stir together crabmeat, onion, parsley, dill, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, and ¼ cup ice water until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours for flavors to meld. Drain crab mixture well before using.
- Divide arugula leaves among Toasted Crostini. Place crab mixture on top of arugula. Serve immediately.
- 12 (½-inch) slices thin French baguette
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lay bread slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle bread evenly with olive oil.
- Bake until bread is toasted and lightly golden, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool completely. Use immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Crostini are best used the same day they are made.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!