Herbed Cucumber Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 English cucumber
- 10 slices very thin white sandwich bread
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Beat at medium-high speed with a mixer until blended. Add dill, chives, and parsley, stirring well.
- Using a mandoline or a chef’s knife, cut 40 very thin slices from cucumber.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture onto bread slices. On 5 bread slices, arrange 8 overlapping cucumber slices on top of cream cheese layer. Top with remaining 5 bread slices, cream cheese side down, to make 5 sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 equal triangles.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
To create 4 equal triangles, be sure to start with perfectly square bread slices.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!