These savory Herbed Mini Patty Pan Squash are full of flavor from panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, fresh thyme, and garlic. Pictured with Cucumber-Sprouts Canapés and Apricot, Prosciutto, Chive & Goat Cheese Croustades.
Herbed Mini Patty Pan Squash
- 12 yellow mini patty pan squash
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Using a sharp paring knife, trim bottoms of squash to sit level. Cut off tops. Using a melon baller, scoop out and discard insides of squash. Place squash shells on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, bread crumbs, cheese, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, stirring well. Spoon into squash shells.
- Bake until squash are tender when pierced with tip of sharp knife and bread crumbs are golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
From TeaTime, July/August 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!