A refined version of shrimp and grits for a special savory for your tea tray.
Herbed Shrimp on Grits Cakes
Yield: approximately 26 grits cakes
Write a review
- 3 cups quick-cooking grits
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 pounds (16- to 18-count) fresh shrimp, tails on, deveined
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: microgreens
- Cook grits according to package directions; stir in the butter and Gruyère. Pour the mixture onto a jelly-roll pan, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set. Using a 2-inch fluted round cutter, cut rounds from grits; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, dill, parsley, chives, salt, and pepper; toss to coat well.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and cook until pink; remove from heat. Top each grits cake with 1 shrimp. Garnish with microgreens, if desired. Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime May/June 2009