Fresh basil and savory sun-dried tomatoes give these Italian Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches an extra punch.
Italian Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 8 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 30 minutes
Write a review
- 8 slices Italian sandwich bread, such as Arnold Italian
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt*
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups chopped cooked chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- Garnish: 8 fresh basil leaves and 8 cherry tomato slices
- Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 16 squares from bread slices, discarding scraps. Place in a resealable plastic bag to prevent drying out.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, oregano, and pepper, stirring to blend.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes, stirring to blend. Add mayonnaise mixture, stirring to combine. Refrigerate in a covered container until needed.
- Spread chicken salad evenly onto 8 bread squares. Top each with remaining bread squares.
- Garnish each sandwich with a basil leaf and a tomato slice, if desired.
- *If you are using a rotisserie chicken for chopped chicken, taste to see if more salt is needed before adding salt to mayonnaise mixture.
- • Chicken salad can be made a day in advance and refrigerated in a covered container until needed. Sandwiches can be made a couple of hours in advance, covered with damp paper towels, and refrigerated in an airtight container. Garnish just before serving.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime January/February 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!