These Italian Sausage Meatballs are delicious paired with a sweet basil marinara sauce.
Italian Sausage Meatballs
Yield: 32 meatballs • Preparation: 25 minutes • Bake: 18 to 19 minutes
Write a review
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- ½ cup water
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (24-ounce) jar traditional sweet basil marinara, such as Classico
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, tear bread into coarse pieces. Pour water over bread, and let soak for 5 minutes. Add sausage, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
- Using a levered 1-tablespoon scoop, portion sausage mixture, and roll into balls with your hands. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until firm with golden brown edges, approximately 19 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Roll meatballs in remaining ½ cup cheese to coat.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- • Meatballs can be made a day in advance and refrigerated in a covered container. Securely wrapped in foil, warm gently in a moderate oven. Roll in Parmesan cheese before serving.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/