Turkey and a kale-pecan pesto are layered in these Kale-Pecan Pesto and Turkey Tea Sandwiches. Pictured with Reuben Roulades.
Kale-Pecan Pesto and Turkey Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 16 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 45 minutes
Write a review
- 1 (5-ounce) container baby kale
- 1 cup toasted whole pecans
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 slices firm whole-wheat bread, such as Pepperidge Farm
- 12 slices ultra-thin deli-style roast turkey
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine kale, pecans, cheese, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar, pulsing until finely chopped. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, pulsing until smooth. Transfer pesto to a covered container, and refrigerate until needed.
- Using a serrated bread knife and a gentle sawing motion, trim crusts from bread to form perfect squares.
- Spread pesto in a thin, even layer onto each bread square. On 4 bread squares, layer 3 turkey slices each, trimming turkey to fit. Top each with another bread slice, pesto side down. Cut each sandwich diagonally into quarters, creating 4 triangular sandwiches.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/