Serve these scrumptious Key Lime Cheesecakes with Sweetened Whipped Cream as a delicious ending to your summer afternoon tea.
Key Lime Cheesecakes
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice, such as Nellie and Joe’s
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Garnish: 3 slices fresh lime, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a 12-well mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, and melted butter, stirring to blend. Divide crumb mixture evenly among wells of prepared pan, pressing firmly to create a level base.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 6 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining ⅓ cup sugar, Key lime juice, flour, cream, and lime zest. Beat at high speed with a mixer until smooth. Add egg, beating at medium speed until incorporated. Divide mixture evenly among wells of prepared pan.
- Bake until filling is set and slightly puffed, approximately 11 minutes. Let cool completely. (Cheesecakes will fall as they cool.)
- Cover pan with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan.
- Place Sweetened Whipped Cream in a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip (Wilton#1M). Pipe an upright rosette on top of each cheesecake.
- Garnish with lime quarters, if desired.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
Serves: 1 cup
- ½ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat at high speed with a mixer until thickened.
- Transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate until needed, up to a day.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!