Key Lime Pie Shooters
- 1 cup ground gingersnap cookies
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice*
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: fresh lime zest
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and brown sugar. Add melted butter, stirring well. Divide crumb mixture among 12 dessert glasses. Using a spoon, press crumb mixture into bottom of glasses. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, lime zest, and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and an instant-read thermometer registers 180°, approximately 10 minutes. Add food coloring, whisking until incorporated. Transfer filling to a heatproof bowl, and place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the filling to prevent it from forming a skin, and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide filling among prepared dessert glasses. Cover each glass loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until set, approximately 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar until medium peaks form. Transfer sweetened whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with an open-star tip (Wilton #21). Pipe a rosette of cream into each dessert glass. • Garnish with lime zest, if desired.
We used Nellie and Joe’s Key West Lime Juice.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!