Arugula and smoked salmon-topped potato and leek latkes are a wonderful addition to the tea table.
Latkes and Smoked Salmon
Yield: 24 latkes • Preparation: 45 minutes • Cook: 30 minutes
Write a review
- ¾ pound red creamer potatoes, coarsely grated and squeezed dry
- 2 cups finely chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1½ tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon, cut into 24 long slices
- Pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, leeks, and flour, tossing gently to combine. Add lime juice, egg, yolk, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoons into hot skillet. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Use remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil as needed to cook remaining potato mixture in batches. Drain latkes on paper towels. Set aside, and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, toss arugula, avocado oil, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon black pepper until well combined.
- Top each latke with approximately ¼ cup arugula and a slice of smoked salmon. Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/