These Lemon-Lime Spritz Cookies get their flavor from prepared lemon curd.
Lemon-Lime Spritz Cookies
Yield: 46 cookies • Preparation: 35 minutes • Bake: 12 minutes
Write a review
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup prepared lemon curd
- Garnish: additional lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until light and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and lime zest, beating until blended. Add flour, beating until combined.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with very large open-star tip (Ateco #848). Pipe rosettes of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Using the back of a round ½-teaspoon measuring spoon, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are set and edges are very light brown, approximately 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Just before serving, place lemon curd in a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip (Wilton #12), and pipe a button of lemon curd into center of each cookie.
- Garnish with additional lime zest, if desired.
- • Cookies can be baked and then frozen in an airtight container up to one week in advance. Let thaw completely before filling and garnishing.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/