This classic Lemon-Scented Steamed Asparagus is a perfect addition to a spring tea menu.
Lemon-Scented Steamed Asparagus
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 (1-pound) bundles asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a rimmed, microwave-safe dish, combine asparagus, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss until asparagus is well coated in seasonings. Cover dish with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high until asparagus is bright green, approximately 3 minutes. Set aside until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Uncover, and serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!