Lemon-Vanilla Shortbread rich with flavor.
Yield: 8 wedges
Write a review
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch shortbread pan* with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with a mixer at high speed until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla extract, beating to blend. Add flour and salt, beating until incorporated.
- Firmly press dough into prepared pan. Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake until shortbread is light golden brown, approximately 35 minutes. Let shortbread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into wedges to serve.
- *We used an 8-inch hexagonal Scottish thistle ceramic shortbread pan from Brown Bag Designs, available at Birmingham Bake & Cook Company (bakeandcookco.com, 205-980-3661). Shortbread can also be baked in an 8-inch round cake pan.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime, March/April 2016 today!