These Lemon–White Chocolate Biscotti are great any time of the year. Pictured with Butter Rum Cakes.
Lemon–White Chocolate Biscotti
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1¼ teaspoons lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond slices
- 1 (4-ounce) package white baking chocolate, such as Baker's
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and eggs. Beat at high speed with a mixer until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla extract, beating to blend.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating until incorporated. Add almond slices, beating well.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Using floured hands, roll dough into a 16x4-inch log. Place dough log on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake log until light brown and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. (Log may crack during baking.) Transfer log to a wire rack, and let cool until able to handle.
- Transfer log to a cutting surface. Using a large serrated knife in a sawing motion, cut log diagonally into ½-inch slices. Lay slices flat on remaining prepared baking sheet.
- Bake slices until light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer biscotti to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Transfer chocolate to a piping bag, and snip off end. Drizzle chocolate in a diagonal manner on biscotti. Let set. (To set chocolate quickly, refrigerate for 15 minutes.)
- Store biscotti at room temperature in an airtight container with layers separated by waxed paper.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!