Lingonberry-Turkey Tea Sandwiches
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons wild lingonberry sauce, such as D’arbo
- 12 slices seedless rye bread, frozen
- 12 thin slices deli turkey
- In a small bowl, stir butter until smooth. Add lingonberry sauce, stirring gently until incorporated.
- Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 24 shapes from frozen bread.
- Spread an even layer of lingon-berry butter onto each bread square. Fold each turkey slice into fourths to create a triangle. Top butter side of 12 bread squares with turkey triangles. Top turkey layer with remaining bread squares, butter side down.
- Cover sandwiches with damp paper towels until serving time to let thaw and to keep bread from drying out.
Make-ahead Tip: Lingonberry butter can be made a day in advance, covered, and refrigerated. Let come to room temperature before using. Sandwiches can be assembled a few hours in advance of serving, covered with damp paper towels, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!