Linzer Cookies with Mango Curd pictured with Blondie Bites with Cherry Preserves.
Linzer Cookies with Mango Curd
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Mango Curd (recipe follows)
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flours, granulated sugar, lime zest, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Add cold butter and vanilla extract, and pulse until mixture is crumbly.
- Turn out mixture onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until dough comes together. Shape dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cold dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper, and roll out dough to a ¼-inch thickness. Remove parchment. Using a 2¼-inch fluted round cutter, cut 28 cookies from dough, rerolling scraps as before as necessary. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets. Using a ¾-inch teapot-shaped cutter, cut and discard centers from 14 cookies. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Dust cookies with cutouts with confectioners’ sugar. Spread 2 teaspoons Mango Curd on flat side of all solid cookies. Place cookies with cutouts, flat side down, on top of curd. Serve immediately.
Cookies can be baked in advance, placed in an airtight containter with layers separated by wax paper, and frozen for up to 2 weeks. Let thaw completely before dusting with confectioners’ sugar or filling.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mango nectar
- 4 large egg yolks
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add mango nectar, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap, pressing wrap directly onto surface of curd. Refrigerate until cold, 4 to 6 hours, before using. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!