Serve guests Lobster-Chive Tea Sandwiches as a classic and luxurious savory to pair with tea. Lobster-Chive Tea Sandwiches pictured with Radish & Beef Canapés with Tarragon Aïoli and Roasted Grape & Brie Tartlets.
- 1 cup chopped cooked lobster meat (approximately 8 ounces)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sherry vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced Honeycrisp apple
- 12 very thin slices white sandwich bread
- Garnish: fresh chives
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse lobster until very finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, chives, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir in lobster and apple.
- Spread approximately 2 tablespoons lobster salad onto a bread slice. Top with another bread slice, and spread with approximately 2 tablespoons lobster salad. Top with a third bread slice to make a triple-stack sandwich. Repeat with remaining bread slices and lobster salad to make a total of 4 whole triple-stack sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 finger sandwiches.
- Garnish with a chive* tied around the middle of each sandwich, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!