These savory Lobster Salad Barquettes taste like summer. Pictured with Ribbon Slaw.
Lobster Salad Banquettes
- 3 (5-ounce) lobster tails
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (1 sheet)
- Garnish: lemon peel curls
- Insert a skewer lengthwise along top of each lobster tail to prevent curling during steaming.
- In a medium saucepan with a steamer basket, bring water and salt to a boil. Place prepared lobster tails in steamer basket, and steam, covered, until shells turn pink and meat is opaque white, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove lobster tails from steamer, and let cool slightly until cool enough to handle.
- Using kitchen shears, cut lobster tails along back of shell, pull open, and remove lobster meat. Chop meat into ½-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine lobster, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, onion, and salt, tossing until mixed. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie dough. Using a 4½x1½-inch barquette tartlet pan as a guide, cut 6 shapes from dough. Lightly spray 6 tartlet pans with cooking spray. Press dough shapes into prepared tartlet pans, trimming excess as necessary. Using the large end of a chopstick, press dough into indentations in sides of tartlet pans.
- Place tartlet pans on a rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prick tartlet dough with a fork to prevent puffing during baking.
- Bake until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool on wire racks. Carefully remove tartlet shells from pans.
- When ready to serve, divide lobster salad among prepared tartlet shells.
- Garnish each with a lemon peel curl, if desired.