Put a refreshing new savory spin on your tea sandwiches with these Lobster Salad Tea Sandwiches.
Lobster Salad Tea Sandwiches
Write a review
- 4 (3-ounce) lobster tails
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 8 very thin slices white bread, frozen
- 12 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 12 slices Campari tomato
- Garnish: yellow grape tomato slices
- Place lobster tails in a steamer basket set over a large saucepan containing boiling water. (Do not let water touch steamer basket). Cover saucepan, and return to a boil. Steam until tails are pink and meat is opaque white, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove tails and let cool. Pick meat from tails and chop.
- In a small bowl, combine lobster meat, mayonnaise, salt, lemon juice, and tarragon. Cover bowl, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Using a 1½-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps. Cover bread rounds with damp paper towels, and let thaw for 15 minutes.
- Place lettuce on 12 bread rounds, and then a Campari tomato slice. Top with lobster salad and another bread round.
- Garnish with a yellow grape tomato slice, if desired, and secure with a frilled pick.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/