Filled with orange, lemon, and almond flavoring, this traditional Majorca Bundt Cake is incredibly delicious, and almost requires a second slice!
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups almond flour
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 6-cup Bundt pan* with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks and granulated sugar with a mixer at high speed until light in color, approximately 3 minutes. Add zests and extracts, beating well. Add almond flour, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, using clean beaters, beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter until incorporated. (Mixture will be thick.) Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center come out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lay a doily on top of cooled cake, and sift confectioners’ sugar over top, if desired. Carefully remove doily to reveal design.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!