Fresh mandarin oranges, toasted cashews, and classic chicken salad create a scrumptious tea sandwich. Mandarin Orange & Cashew Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches pictured with Olive–Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches and Watermelon, Pancetta & Pistachio Canapés.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mandarin orange
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted cashews
- 12 slices honey wheat bread, frozen
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, mustard, and thyme. Fold in cooked chicken, orange, and cashews until fully coated in mayonnaise mixture.
- Divide chicken mixture among 6 frozen bread slices. Cover with remaining frozen bread slices.
- Using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 3 (approximately 3×1-inch) rectangles. Cover with damp paper towels, and let thaw before serving.
- Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!