Flavored with matcha and topped with a yogurt glaze, these Matcha-Almond Mini Bundt Cakes are truly delectable.
Matcha-Almond Mini Bundt Cakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup almond paste
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Matcha-Yogurt Glaze (recipe follows)
- Garnish: white nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 24-well mini Bundt cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, sugar, and almond paste at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla bean paste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer at low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat in almonds. Spoon batter into prepared wells, filling three-fourths full; smooth tops with an offset spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spoon glaze over cooled cakes. Garnish with nonpareils, if desired.
Serves: 1.5 cups
- 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plain Icelandic-style yogurt
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon culinary matcha green tea
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, cream, yogurt, lemon juice, and matcha until smooth. Use immediately.