Mendiants, also known as Stained-Glass Candy, are a crunchy Christmas treat.
Mendiants (Stained-Glass Candy)
Yield: 28 pieces • Preparation: 45 minutes • Set: 2 hours
Write a review
- 1 (10-ounce) bag Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips*
- ⅓ cup finely chopped candied red cherries
- ⅓ cup finely chopped candied green cherries
- ¼ cup finely chopped candied orange peel
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- ⅓ cup finely chopped dry roasted and salted pistachios
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with silicone baking mats, or lightly grease them with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate morsels in the top half of a double boiler over simmering water. Keep warm.
- Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, drop melted chocolate 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Decoratively arrange candied and dried fruits and nuts on melted chocolate disks. Let chocolates set until firm, approximately 2 hours.
- Carefully remove candies from silicone mats, and place in a covered container with waxed paper between layers.
- Serve within 2 to 3 days.
- *When we tested this recipe using other brands of chocolate morsels, we did not get the same results.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/