Mini Artichoke-Ricotta Quiches
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 canned artichoke hearts
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon minced dried onion
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray 12 (2½-inch) tartlet pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll both sheets of pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3½-inch round cutter, cut 6 rounds from each sheet of dough. Press dough circles into prepared tartlet pans. Prick dough lightly with a fork. Place tartlet pans on a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake until crusts are light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool completely in tartlet pans on baking sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese in each cooled tartlet shell.
- Drain artichoke hearts well, and cut each into a ¾-inch round section, discarding root end. Place an artichoke round in the center of each prepared tartlet shell.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, egg, salt, onion, and pepper, whisking to blend. Fill each shell three-quarters full with cream mixture.
- Bake until quiches are set and lightly browned, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from tartlet pans.
- Serve warm.
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Quiches can be baked a day in advance, placed in airtight containers, and refrigerated until needed. Reheat on a rimmed baking sheet in a 350° oven for 4 to 6 minutes.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your copy of TeaTime, May/June 2016 today!