These Mini Cherry Bakewell Tartlets are a miniature version of a traditional British dessert of jam and almonds layered in a shortbread crust.
Mini Cherry Bakewell Tartlets
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ cup cherry preserves
- 36 mini (1.75-inch) shortbread tartlet shells*
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over low heat until browned and fragrant. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and sugar, whisking well. Add browned butter, whisking to blend. Add almond flour, folding to incorporate.
- Place tartlet shells on a rimmed baking sheet. Place ¼ teaspoon cherry preserves in each tartlet shell. Fill each shell with almond mixture. Arrange sliced almonds on top of filling in a flower pattern.
- Bake until filling is firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Store tartlets in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a day.
*We used Clearbrook Farms Mini Bite-size Sweet Tart Shells.