These Mini Dill Havarti and Turkey Paninis are a light and delicious afternoon tea savory.
Mini Dill Havarti and Turkey Paninis
Yield: 16 sandwiches • Preparation: 15 minutes • Cook: 6 minutes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 slices sourdough French sandwich bread
- 16 slices deli roast turkey
- 16 slices deli dill Havarti cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 16 slices cherry tomatoes
- 16 sprigs fresh dill
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper, whisking well. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using a 2¼-inch square cutter, cut 32 squares from bread slices.
- Spread 1 side of each bread square with ½ teaspoon mayonnaise mixture.
- Trim turkey and cheese slices to fit bread squares, and place between 2 bread slices, mayonnaise sides to the inside. Spread outside of each bread slice with butter.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-high heat.
- Grill each sandwich, pressing down lightly with a spatula to flatten slightly. Cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Top each sandwich with a cherry- tomato slice and a sprig of dill.
- Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!