Mini Golf Ball Cupcakes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon butter extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- Creamy Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 (24-well) mini muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract, butter extract, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Using a 2-teaspoon scoop, drop batter into wells of prepared muffin pans. Tap pans on counter to level batter and release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, approximately 10 minutes. Let cool completely in pans on a wire rack.
- Dip top of cupcakes into Creamy Glaze, letting excess drip off. Let glaze dry.
- Press the pointed end of a chopstick into glaze to create a dimpled effect.
Makes 1½ cups
- 2¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth.
- Test consistency of glaze by dipping a cupcake and then turning cupcake upright. (Glaze should be thick enough to cover cupcake without running.) Adjust consistency of glaze by adding extra sugar to thicken or extra milk in very small amounts to loosen.