Dainty, lemon-laced sour cream cakes are crowned with a tart, yet sweet, glaze and finished with pretty edible begonia blossoms.
Mini Lemon Bundt Cakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon zest (approximately 2 large lemons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup all-purpose flour ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup sour cream, room temperature
- Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
- Garnish: lemon zest and edible flowers*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-well (or 2 [6-well]) mini Bundt pan(s) with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon zest and juice, stirring until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. With mixer at low speed, gradually add flour mixture in three additions to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared wells of pan. Tap pan on a towel-lined counter 3 or 4 times to release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near centers comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cakes to a wire rack. Let cool completely.
- Spoon Lemon Glaze over cooled cakes.
- Garnish with lemon zest and edible flowers, if desired.
*We used begonia blossoms from Gourmet Sweet Botanicals.
Serves: approximately 1½ cups
- 4½ cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 4 cups confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add remaining ½ cup sugar, and whisk until smooth (mixture will be thick). Use immediately.
For better control, place Lemon Glaze in a squeeze bottle before applying it to cakes.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!