Simple mini pound cakes topped with warm raspberry jam will be a simple and delicious show stopper at your next tea.
Mini Pound Cakes with Raspberry Jam
Yield: 20 mini cakes • Preparation: 30 minutes • Bake: 10 minutes • Cool: 1 hour
Write a review
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups cake flour*
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups raspberry jam, melted
- Garnish: fresh raspberries and mint
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 2 (12-well) brownie pans† with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla extract, whisking well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Add butter, cream cheese, and half of egg mixture. Beat at low speed just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase mixer to medium speed, and beat for 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down sides of bowl. Gradually add remaining egg mixture in 2 portions, beating for 30 seconds after each addition.
- Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop batter among prepared wells of pans. Spread surfaces smooth. Tap pans firmly several times on counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. (Cakes may be made ahead and frozen in airtight containers for up to 1 week.)
- Fifteen minutes before serving, spread melted raspberry jam over surface of each cake.
- Garnish each with a fresh raspberry half and mint leaves, if desired.
- *We used Swans Down Cake Flour.
- †We used The Pampered Chef Brownie Pans (#1544) which have 12 (¼-cup) square wells, pamperedchef.com.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/