Kids and grown-ups alike will love Mini Puff Dogs.
Mini Puff Dogs
Yield: 18 pastries • Preparation: 25 minutes • Bake: 15 minutes
Write a review
- ½ cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box puff pastry, partially thawed
- 18 miniature smoked sausages
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Garnish: sweet gherkin pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and pickle relish, stirring well. Refrigerate in a covered container until needed.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets partially. (They will be easier to handle if still somewhat firm.) Place on a lightly floured cutting surface. Using a 2¼-inch round cutter, cut 18 shapes from puff pastry. Place a smoked sausage in the center of each round, and bring sides up to meet in the center, pinching edges together.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water, whisking well. Using a pastry brush, coat puff pastries lightly with egg wash. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Garnish each pastry with a pickle slice, if desired.
- Serve warm with mustard mixture.
- • Mini Puff Dogs can be assembled and refrigerated, covered, for 1 hour before baking.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime, July/August 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!