Roasted mushrooms, corn, and bell pepper turn Mini Savory Mushroom-Corn Cheesecakes into a savory treat. Pictured with Brussels Sprouts Canapés with Hummus and Roasted Carrot Pesto and Salmon-Chive Finger Sandwiches.
Mini Savory Mushroom-Corn Cheesecakes
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ plus ⅛ teaspoon salt, divided
- 42 buttery round crackers*
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Garnish: chopped orange bell pepper, parsley leaves, thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange mushrooms in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Roast mushrooms until they release juices, approximately 20 minutes. Let cool, and chop finely.
- Spray 18 wells of 2 (12-well) mini cheesecake pans with cooking spray.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse crackers until fine.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and melted butter, stirring until blended. Press 2 teaspoons crumb mixture into bottom of each prepared well of pans.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until light and creamy. Add flour, cream, Worcestershire sauce, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add eggs, beating just until incorporated. Add roasted mushrooms, corn, bell pepper, parsley, shallot, and thyme, stirring until incorporated. Divide mixture among prepared wells of pans.
- Bake until cheesecakes are slightly puffed, approximately 12 minutes. Let cool for 1 hour before removing from pans.
- Garnish with bell pepper, parsley and thyme, if desired.
- Serve warm.
- *We used Ritz Crackers.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/