Mini Smoked Salmon, Gruyère, and Herb Frittatas with the delicious flavors of fresh dill, chives and ground black pepper
Mini Smoked Salmon, Gruyère, and Herb Frittatas
Write a review
- 2 (4-ounce) packages thinly sliced smoked salmon, divided
- ½ cup finely shredded Gruyère cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container crème fraîche
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a shallow 24-well mini muffin pan* with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Finely chop 4 ounces salmon. Divide salmon evenly among wells of prepared pan. Top salmon evenly with cheese and herbs. Set aside.
- In a large liquid-measuring cup, combine eggs, cream, salt, and pepper, whisking well. Divide egg mixture evenly among wells of pre- pared pan, filling to just below rims.
- Bake until eggs are set and frittatas are slightly puffed, 8 to 10 minutes. Let frittatas cool to room temperature before removing from pan.
- Top each frittata with a dollop of crème fraîche. Set aside.
- Cut remaining 4 ounces salmon into 24 evenly sized pieces. Shape each piece into a cone, and place atop crème fraîche, seam side down.
- Garnish each frittata with a dill sprig, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Frittatas can be made earlier in the day, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated. Let come to room temperature before topping and serving.
- *We used a Chicago Metallic nonstick 24-well mini muffin pan, which is available at chicagometallicbakeware.com.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/