These whimsical and delectable Mini Strawberry-Chocolate Tartlets are pictured with Rosewater-Almond Bonbon Cookies.
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons seedless strawberry jam
- 16 mini shortbread tartlet shells, such as Clearbrook Farms
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: 16 (¼-inch) pieces fresh strawberry*
- In a small saucepan, heat ¼ cup cream over medium-high heat until very hot. Add chocolate, and remove pan from heat. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Spoon ¼ teaspoon strawberry jam into bottom of each tartlet shell. Top with chocolate mixture, smoothing to a level surface. Place tartlets in a covered container, and refrigerate until chocolate is somewhat firm, approximately 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon cream, stirring to blend. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large closed-star tip (Wilton 2D), and pipe a flower shape onto each tartlet.
- Garnish each tartlet with a strawberry piece, if desired.
From TeaTime March/April 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!