These delectable Mint Lavender–Cucumber Sandwiches are simple and delicious.
Mint Lavender–Cucumber Sandwiches
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- Mint Lavender Butter (recipe follows)
- 12 thin slices English cucumber
- Garnish: mint lavender
- Using a long serrated bread knife, trim and discard crusts from bread slices. Cut each bread slice into 3 (3x1½-inch) fingers.
- Spread a layer of Mint Lavender Butter onto each bread rectangle. Lay 3 cucumber slices, overlapping one another, on each of 12 bread rectangles. Top each with a remaining bread rectangle, butter-side down.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to an hour.
- Garnish with mint lavender sprigs just before serving, if desired.
Mint Lavender Butter
Makes ¼ cup
- ¼ cup salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint lavender*
- In a small bowl, stir together butter and mint lavender until combined.
*Mint lavender is available from gourmetsweetbotanicals.com.