Minty Chocolate Hole-in-One Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Leaf green food paste
- Milk Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and mint extract, beating until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating to combine. Add food coloring until desired color is achieved, beating well.
- Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using a finger, press an indentation into center of dough.
- Bake until edges of cookies are light golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. If necessary, press indentations again while cookies are warm. Let cool completely on wire racks.
- Place warm Milk Chocolate Ganache in a resealable plastic bag; snip off one corner to make a small hole, and pipe into indentations of cookies. Let stand until firm. Place cookies in an airtight container with layers separated by wax paper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Milk Chocolate Ganache
Makes 1 cup
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- In a small saucepan, heat cream until very hot. Remove from heat, and add chocolate, stirring until mixture is smooth. Use while warm.