A New Orleans favorite takes on a new twist with these Mitten Muffuletta Tea Sandwiches.
Mitten Muffuletta Tea Sandwiches
Yield: 6 tea sandwiches • Preparation: 20 minutes
Write a review
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices Genoa salami
- 6 slices capicola ham
- 6 slices deli ham
- ¾ cup prepared olive topping, such as Alpino Original Italian-Style Muffalata
- Using a 3½-x-2½-inch mitten-shaped cutter, cut 12 shapes from bread slices, discarding scraps.
- Set 6 mitten shapes aside. Using a 1-x-1-inch mitten-shaped cutter, cut a shape from each of remaining 6 mitten shapes, discarding centers.
- Preheat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Toast one side of each mitten shape with cutout until golden brown. Toast opposite side of each solid mitten shape. Set aside to let cool.
- Using the larger mitten cutter, cut 6 shapes each from cheese, salami, capicola ham, and deli ham, discarding scraps. Set aside.
- Spread approximately 2 tablespoons olive topping onto untoasted side of each solid mitten shape. Top each with a slice of cheese, salami, capicola ham, deli ham, and a mitten shape with cutout, untoasted side down. Fill cutouts with olive topping.
- Serve immediately.
- • Bread, meats, and cheese can be cut out a day in advance and refrigerated in resealable plastic bags.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/