Mouse King Cheese Truffles, delicious bites of goat cheese and sharp Cheddar, have a kick from hot sauce and cayenne pepper.
Mouse King Cheese Truffles
Yield: approximately 16
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley, edible crowns*
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, black pepper, and red pepper. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until well blended.
- Using a levered 1-tablespoon scoop, divide cheese mixture into portions. Roll portions into smooth balls between palms of hands. Place each cheese ball in a decorative baking cup.
- Garnish with parsley and edible crowns, if desired.
- *We used edible crowns from Sweet Déjà Vu, available at New Browser Windowsweetdejavu.com.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/