Muffalettas at teatime? Yes, when they’re these diminutive Muffaletta Skewers.
Yield: 24 skewers
Write a review
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (16-ounce) jar marinated vegetables, drained
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 (16-ounce) jar cherry peppers, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 (16-ounce) French baguette, thinly sliced and cut into fourths
- 12 slices deli mortadella, cut in half
- 12 slices deli salami, cut in half
- 12 slices deli ham, cut in half
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, shallot, garlic, parsley, oregano, and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables, olives, cherry peppers, and cheese. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetable mixture, tossing to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To assemble, skewer 1 bread slice, 1 folded slice mortadella, 1 folded slice salami, 1 folded slice ham, 1 vegetable or olive, 1 cheese cube, and 1 bread slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/