Theses Muffuletta Palmiers are full of flavor from mozzarella and provolone cheese, genoa salami, and capicola ham. Pictured with Jambalaya Tartlets.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- ¹⁄³ cup muffaletta salad*, well drained
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped genoa salami
- 3 tablespoons chopped capicola ham
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Let puff pastry sheet thaw slightly but not completely. (Puff pastry will be easier to work with if it is slightly firm.)
- Blot muffaletta salad on paper towels to remove excess oil. Spread evenly over puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on each short side. Scatter cheeses over salad, and scatter meats over cheese.
- Firmly roll up both short sides of puff pastry, meeting in the center. Using a serrated knife, cut ½-inch slices, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine egg
- and water, whisking to blend. Using a pastry brush, brush slices with egg wash.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
From TeaTime January/February 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!