In the Maine Clambake Mystery series by Barbara Ross, Vee Snug serves a steady stream of baked goods to guests at the Snuggles Inn in Busman’s Harbor, Maine, each one more delicious than the last. These muffins are a particular favorite of Snowden Family Clambake owner and series protagonist Julia Snowden, because they feature one of her favorite fruits—raspberries!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2½ cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add the milk.
- In a third bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually alternate adding the dry ingredients and then the milk and egg to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Stir in the crushed raspberries.
- Bake in greased muffin tins for 20 to 25 minutes.
You can find these other delicious recipes in Steamed Open!
- Livvie’s Linguini with Clam Sauce
- Peg’s Famous Clam Dip
- Clam Potato Casserole
- Ma’s Sour Cream Coffee Cake
It’s summertime in Busman’s Harbor, Maine, and the clamming is easy—or it was until a mysterious new neighbor blocks access to the beach, cutting off the Snowden Family Clambake’s supply. Julia Snowden is just one of many townspeople angered by Bartholomew Frick’s decision. But which one of them was angry enough to kill?
Barbara Ross is the author of the Maine Clambake Mysteries. The first book in the series, Clammed Up, was nominated for an Agatha Award for Best Contemporary Novel, the RT Book Reviews, Reviewer’s Choice Best Book Award for Amateur Sleuth and was a finalist for the Maine Literary Award for Crime Fiction. She is co-editor/co-publisher of Level Best Books, which produces anthologies of crime stories by New England authors. She writes at her home overlooking the harbor in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Visit Barbara at her website.
For more Cozy Mysteries, visit www.KensingtonCozies.com.