These savory Mushroom Brie Phyllo Cups are pictured with AArugula, Pecan, Pesto, and Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches.
Mushroom Brie Phyllo Cups
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 (4-ounce) package sliced gourmet blend mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1.9-ounce) package frozen mini phyllo cups, thawed
- 1 (7-ounce) package Brie cheese, rind removed and cheese cut into ¾-inch cubes
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper; cook, reducing heat to medium and stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and finely chop mushrooms.
- Place phyllo cups on a rimmed baking sheet. Place a Brie cube in each phyllo cup.
- Bake until cheese melts, approximately 5 minutes.
- Divide cooked mushrooms among prepared phyllo cups.
- Garnish with a thyme sprig, if desired. Serve immediately.