These New York–Style Petite Cheesecakes are a delightful way to end your afternoon tea ritual.
New York–Style Petite Cheesecakes
- ½ (9-ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, such as Nabisco
- ⅓ cup plus 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Garnish: blueberries and fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a 12-well mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray.
- Place cookies in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped into crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, and melted butter, stirring well. Divide mixture evenly among prepared wells of cheesecake pan. Press evenly into a firm layer.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ⅓ cup sugar, cream, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat at high speed until combined and creamy. Add egg, beating well.
- Divide mixture evenly among wells of prepared pan. Bake for 11 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, and remaining ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, stirring well. Using a 2-teaspoon levered scoop, divide mixture among cheesecakes.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Let cheesecakes cool completely in pan.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until very cold, at least 6 hours.
- Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan.
- Garnish with blueberries and fresh mint, if desired.
From TeaTime May/June 2017