These toothsome No-Bake Lemon-Blueberry-Basil Tartlets are easy-to-make. Pictured with Pistachio-Orange Blondies.
No-Bake Lemon-Blueberry-Basil Tartlets
Yield: 24 tartlets • Preparation: 25 minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup prepared lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh basil
- 24 mini shortbread tartlet shells, such as Clearbrook Farms
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, lemon curd, and minced basil, stirring until smooth. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a medium open-star tip (Wilton #32). Pipe into tartlet shells in a swirl. Top each tartlet evenly with blueberries. Brush blueberries with Simple Syrup.
- Garnish each tartlet with a basil leaf, if desired.
Make-Ahead Tip: Tartlets can be made earlier in the day and refrigerated in a covered container until serving time. Garnish with simple syrup and fresh basil leaves just before serving.
Yield: ½ cup • Preparation: 5 minutes • Cook: 3 minutes
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water, whisking well. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool completely.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed.
From TeaTime March/April 2010