Puff pastry stuffed with gruyère cheese, bacon, and olives make a delicious savory in these Nutcracker Palmiers.
Yield: approximately 13
Write a review
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Let puff pastry sheet thaw slightly but not completely. (Puff pastry will be easier to work with if it is slightly firm.) Using a rolling pin, roll puff pastry sheet thinner to make it pliable and easier to roll up.
- Sprinkle cheese on puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border. Scatter bacon and olives over cheese, and sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Firmly roll up both long sides of puff pastry, meeting in the center. Turn over so that seam is on the bottom.
- Using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, cut ½-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water, whisking to blend. Brush slices with egg mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and honey, stirring to blend. Brush butter mixture over warm palmiers.
- Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/